Sunday, October 23, 2005

REMOTE



SocMo posed by this sign while on vacation this summer. It was a very peaceful place. He enjoyed playing count the vultures and prairie dog toss. When you are thinking of a place to get away from it all... think Remote!

Note: I went to a choral concert this afternoon and took along my sketchbook. It was nice to listen to good music and do a little drawing at the same time. I layed this out with a blue pencil and then inked it in with a Pilot Razor Point. At home I scanned it and put some color on it with Photoshop. I am using this as a way of doing some expeirmenting with Photoshop.

13 comments:

Catnapping said...

Good to hear Socmo's getting a vacation this year. Good wishes his way to make it home safe and free of holes.

Todd DeWolf said...

Yay-SocMo! Well done. Sounded like a great day to sketch.

Anonymous said...

Boy, you're sure puttin' the little guy through his paces, aren't you? Frozen one week, in the desert the next-- he's lucky he's resilient! :-) and cute! Like the linework, reminds me of Sergio Aragones...

Anonymous said...

:) He's so cute and all the treatment in your illustrations is really great.

Queen Tut said...

hey, interesting technique and it really worked!

manomecchi said...

SocMo is very Cute!!
I became his fan.

Mark McDonnell said...

These are really fun sketches. You should make them into greeting cards and what not. I would buy one!

MAC

Seth Russell said...

SocMo rules! Great illustration and style. Looking forward to more SocMo!

Anne-arky said...

Monkeeee! :) How cute!

Thanks for leaving me a nifty comment!

milanrubio said...

Great illo!
Love the lineart and technique.

giles said...

Great colours...and a site with a sock monkey...very cool :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Just to let you know i've added yr link to my blog as i enjoyed viewing your works. I hope you don't mind. Thanks. It would be great if we can exchange comments on each other's works. =)

Unknown said...

Sooo cute!! I love the illo!! Always much fun to look at your work.

By the way, I use Photoshop for my painting. :)