Friday, September 22, 2006

PHOBIA



So... I got this idea in the shower... at the YMCA... is that too much information? :o) I was thinking of the word PHOBIA and other words that sound the same. Faux worked for the first part of the word. Ita helps toa have a fakea Italian accenta fora the lasta part... beea. The more I thought of it, the better I liked the idea. I couldn't wait to get started.

I usually draw everything in place when I do an illustration, but I found myself drawing various parts of this. I scanned the parts into Photoshop and then arranged them so they looked like what I had in mind. Add some color and it's done! Lotsa funa for mea!

22 comments:

Amy Zaleski said...

Very cute and original play on words. Sounds like you had fun putting it together.

Anonymous said...

Great style - nice idea too!

Michelle Lana said...

Haha, funny stuff! Great work!

Miss Silje said...

very cute:)

Anonymous said...

okay, now that cracked me up!

ROFLWMP.

Joanne said...

So awesome! I love the roundess of the monkey's outfit.

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

cracked me up. great idea and execution.

Denis Goulet said...

Haha, good one.

Anonymous said...

you are too much, what a clever idea!!

kat coyle said...

CUTE AND FUN!

Anonymous said...

That is so very funny! I just love it. Actually made me laugh!

Heartful said...

Very cute! I love sock monkey bee!

Anonymous said...

Heh! Sounds like you worked pretty hard on this! I think it works well, and your explaination pulls it all together, of course.

tusen said...

clever :D and funny

Unknown said...

Very fun! I love that faux beea.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Well done! Love the explanation about the fake Italian accent. Hilarious! That monkey is terribly cute, but don't you get tired of drawing him?

ELLA ELVIANA said...

cute beeee!!

Unknown said...

wonderful fun illo!!

Ellen said...

OMG!!!!!!! This is sooo funny! I wanted to do "Mike would do anything fo' beea!" But my partner wouldn't let me. I love people who have my sense of humor (and sock monkeys too!)!

Anonymous said...

Aggghhh! Now I can't stop thinking of the shower thing! Aggggggghhhh!

Just kidding, love the Sock Monkey...love him!

Francesca said...

This character is so fun! Really good work, I love your stuff!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

lol this is so ridiculous and so hilarious. love it.