Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LEGEND

I recently got the complete DVD movie collection of Indiana Jones. Last night I was watching the bonus disc and thought... now there's a LEGEND. So I did a quick drawing for the Illustration Friday LEGEND theme.

I decided if I am ever going to learn anything about Painter, I need to start SOMEtime... so I picked a hard pastel brush and scribbled on some color. There are just so many brushes I don't know where to begin. It's overwhelming. Might as well pick something and try it out this week. I hope to use Painter more this year and try to figure it out some.

One thing I learned from the bonus disc was that George Lucas originally named his movie Indiana Smith. When he pitched the movie, they liked the whole thing... except the name. He said, OK... how about Jones? Jones was fine... of COURSE! :0)

I'm looking forward to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull coming out this year.... woo hoo!

7 comments:

Faruffa said...

Great expressiveness your Indiana Jones

milanrubio said...

Grrrreat illo!
Indy rules!

janie said...

Great, he looks very determined, is he off to crack the mystery of the crystal skull:)

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I just got the set too! But haven't yet gotten to bonus materials. Awesome portrait, dude!

Unknown said...

Amen! Indy is THE Legend! Great character

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice for "tails and legends", Jonesy! Good luck with your Painter experimentation. I think you did an excellent job with the sample above. Maybe you'll document your attempts on your blog, here, eh?

Anonymous said...

awesome movies, and great illo! i hope you're able to do one for this week's! thanks for letting me know about jacketflap, you're the jacketflappiest, doug!

a : )