Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ISLAND

My friends, welcome... to FANTASY ISLAND!

Way back in the late 70's and early 80's Fantasy Island was broadcast by ABC. Each week several people would arrive by plane to experience their ultimate fantasy. They had paid $50,000 for the experience. Each episode began with Mr. Roarke and his diminutive sidekick, Tattoo waiting for the guests to arrive. Tattoo would announce "Da Plane! Da Plane!" The plane would land and the guest stars of the week would be revealed. The highlight of the program for me was hearing Tattoo shout "Da Plane! Da Plane!" TV was kinder and gentler back then.

4 comments:

Bill Ross said...

Nice sky, will you teach me O-Master? I know I am not worthy, but I know you are so gracious. And where is Socmo? Did he perhaps leave us??? For some OTHER island??? Bwa-Ha-Ha!!!!

Kevin Spear said...

Ah! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I can practically smell the "rich, Corinthian leather," thanks to Ricardo. The caricatures are dead on.

Vern Mercado said...

always a pleasure to see your blog. funny.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Who can forget the grand old days of Fantasy Island? Great Illustration!