Wednesday, August 05, 2009

SHARKweek day3

pencil and Photoshop (click to enlarge)

SpongeBob Squarepants meets SpongeShark Mickeypants.

Around 8:30 last night I remembered that I needed another image for my ongoing SHARKweek here. So I started thinking about the name SpongeBob and playing around with it. I wanted to make it fit a shark somehow. I came up with SpongeShark and then tried to think of some other kind of pants to add to the name... and came up with Mickey pants. At 9:00 any idea is a good idea. : )

After I had drawn my shark, I thought the picture needed a little something else. Why not toss in SquareBob himself? I added him floating upside down and that was it. I had just started coloring it when a big thunderstorm blew into town and I had to shut down and unplug the computer.

This morning I finished it up and here you go! Dang... now I need another idea...

5 comments:

Bill Ross said...

Any picture with SBSP in it is a good picture. Even if it's just part of him. This is a great picture Douglas.

paula said...

Yahoo! It's Sharkweek! Love SBSP with a shunk taken outta him! Now I gotta go catch up...

paula said...

Er...I meant to say "chunk", not "shunk"...

Reg said...

I love Spongebob, so I'm sitting here staring at your picture with both shock and admiration... haha!

Rico said...

Hahahaha -- this made me laugh out loud. Hmm... what would Spongebob taste like...? Chicken?