Monday, February 01, 2010

focused

When SocMo is FOCUSED on texting, bad things always happen to him.

I heard some science guys explain how multi-tasking is an illusion. We think we can do many things at once, but our brain can only focus on one thing at a time. It has to jump back and forth. This is very obvious to me when I try to read something in the paper while watching TV. When I read a headline, I totally miss what is being said on TV. And when I am listening to what is said on TV, I can't read the paper. Duh. The little old brain can't do both at the same time.

Just about every time I am annoyed by someone's driving... they sit at a green light too long, or drive reeeeeally slowly, I notice that they are using a phone. I know everyone thinks they can talk and drive at the same time, but I think we should really be FOCUSED on guiding that mass of steel we are propelling along the highway. Drive now... talk later.

OK... I'll get down from my soapbox now... I gotta pull a friend out of a manhole...

5 comments:

Paula said...

Yuppers! Love the public service announcement, here, Doug. Perfect illustration with Soc too!

Anette Heiberg said...

Cute and funny!

Korey Scott said...

Nice...who is he texting? Hopefully its not the guy that cut me off today on their phone...or was it the other lady that cut me off? I forget...can't focus on them too much...gotta watch the road.

xenos said...

not uncommon to see people talk on the phone, smoke and drive at the same time. talk about the trifecta of bad habits...

Duncan said...

Nice one. Is singing and driving also a no-no??