Thursday, January 14, 2010

book project part 2- Plan B

My thumb just LOVES to have its picture taken. So here it is... one more time. It's holding a blown up version of the small sketch.
In my previous post, I talked about my Artograph. This is a handy thing to have around, but it is a bit of a dinosaur these days. I used it a lot before the computer came along and offered me its amazing bag of tricks. With only a bit more effort, here is PLAN B... enlarging without an Artograph.

I scanned my 1/2 size sketch at 200% @ 150 dpi and printed it out. Now I have an actual sized sketch that I can put on a lightbox or put a sheet of tracing paper over and do the final full size drawing. You can also select parts of the scanned image in Photoshop and move things around and change sizes. Cool. If you are creating your final art on the computer, you can use the sketch as a template to work over. I still like to draw with real pencils and ink with a dip pen. I am a dinosaur. That's why I have an Artograph.

More about inking later, after I get all these sketches done and approved.

No comments: