Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Shark Week3

Day three of shark week. I didn't have time to make a great shark image for today, but I have this pencil sketch from doodling around thinking of ideas. The thought here was a shark with oil dripping off him. I just don't know WHAT could have inspired that idea.

What I DID do yesterday was repair my gas oven. A first for me. Thanks to the internets, we were able to diagnose why the oven was not working and then order a replacement part. The part (an ignitor) came yesterday and I put it on. This morning we had muffins to test it out. It really feels great when I can fix something myself.

Temperature today is to hit 100 degrees.... again... sheesh!
Give me a break....

2 comments:

Renee Kurilla said...

Gotta love the ol' interweb :)
I LOVE this sketch, he has so much life, though it's kinda sad that the oil spill is inspiring so much new art..I'm also guilty as charged.

Doug said...

Thanks, Renee! I enjoy seeing your work too. Nice.

Pencil sketches are always nice and loose... too bad they get all tight when we finish them up.