Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tintin - the movie!

                                       Tintin's little brother Ninenine.

I think I discovered Tintin books decades ago while poking around in some bookstore (a favorite activity that is getting harder and harder to do these days). I immediately liked the clean drawing style, detailed backgrounds and the adventures Tintin got involved in. I never dreamed that someday it would be a movie.

Now Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are bringing Tintin to the big screen. The movie trailer looks pretty good. I am just hoping that the motion capture stays cartoony and does not get into the uncanny valley like the Polar Express did. It was just creepy.

I have been re-reading some Tintin adventures lately to reacquaint myself with the characters. I also found some interesting things on Youtube about the creator Herge. There is a very enlightening documentary about Herge that was on P.O.V. a few years ago. If you are a fan, I would recommend watching it. You can find it by clicking here.

I thought it would be fun to make a younger version of Tintin. Then I decided to try a filter to give it a comic book look. So here you go... Tintin's younger brother Ninenine.

2 comments:

David Sones said...

Nice! I like the line screen texture. Ninenine looks so happy, and full mystery solving energy.

Frank Zieglar said...

This would be a great style for a children's version of Tintin. Little children I mean.