Sunday, July 22, 2007

animals 21-28


I was out of town this weekend so I am behind in posting my animal sketches. Here are two batches that will take care of Saturday and Sunday. The hardest one to do in this bunch was number 23... the anteater. He is supposed to be measuring his tongue with a tape measure. I just could not make it work in the vertical format till I finally thought to put him on a box. I don't know why he is up there, but there he is... what do you know.

24 was also a bit of a problem. The newt has lined up 6 toy cars. Another illustration that defies the vertical format.

The hippo was to be hopping 11 times on each foot. I put her in a tutu. I hope that is OK. I like the way she fills the space.

More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these, Dough! So....How can we tell the hippo is jumping 11 times? And I don't really understand newt and his 6 cars (4 tires per car to make 24..?) Hey, I know you're just following directions, just wondering if you know the answers or if you shake your head and some of the art direction ideas. I do love what you did with the anteater! And the crane piling up blocks--perfect!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

wow doug, these are fantastic, I have alot to learn from you. Each is unique and different and such fun to look at. I will come back and check in on them!

Doug said...

Thanks pj! You guessed right... 6 cars... 4 tires per car... 24!

I DO know their reason behind each one... should I tell the secret or let you all guess? :o)

Thanks chickengirl... check in anytime... we'll be here...